Single Parent Ministry
We are in a transition period right now as we develop a new leadership team. We encourage single parents to be involved in other ministry areas throughout the church where they can interact with other single parents as well as married couples:
· ABFs (Adult Bible Fellowships) – various times and groups depending on your age
· Verge (20-30s)
· SALT (singles 40+) meets the third Saturday night of each month at 7pm in the Refinery
· Women’s and Men’s Bible Studies – Men meet Friday morning at 6am and Monday night at 7pm; Women meet Tuesday mornings at 9:15am and Tuesday nights at 7pm
· Volunteering with large events, etc.
Young Adult Parents' Gathering (second Sunday of each month from 4-7 pm in the gym/cafe)
Young adult parents and their children are invited for a time to connect, eat food (pizza for kids, potluck for parents), and have fun! Childcare will be provided for $5 per family.
- Intentionally introduce single parents to Jesus Christ and help them to grow to be fully devoted followers
- Help meet the practical needs of single parents and their child(ren)
- Provide biblical instruction for parenting and building relationships
- Provide an opportunity for single parents to connect with other single parents
Calvary Church is pleased to offer this ministry to support our single parents and the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual needs unique to single parenting. We offer support with sensitivity to the varied circumstances of single parenting: